Monday, June 9, 2008

Hiding Places

After 5 long years, Mason has learned how to finally play hide and seek. We’ve tried playing this game in the past but there was never any interest on his part. We’d hide, he’d forget to look for us, and because of that, I think Rashele found me sleeping in the closet behind the clothes once.

Now it’s GAME ON every waking moment.

We don’t make the game too hard and we tend to hide in pretty obvious places. If I’m behind the curtains or under the bed I make sure that my feet are sticking out. If behind the door, it’s cracked open just wide enough for him to spy me as he runs thru the room.

When it’s my turn to count he giggles and he does his sprint thru the house, still resembling a cross of a bobblehead doll & 3 legged dog as I’ve mentioned before. I cringe every time he rounds a corner fearful the he's going to run smack thru the sheetrock leaving a Mason shaped hole.

I loudly count to 10.

I begin my hunt, prowling thru the house, inquiring to where Mason may be hiding this time.

As I enter our bedroom I hear more giggles.

“Mason, are you in the closet?”

“Nooooooooooooo” he giggles

“Mason, are you under the bed?”

“Nooooooooooooo” more giggles

“Mason are you in the shower?”

“Nooooooooooooooo” giggly uncontrollably nearing the pee his pants stage.

“Mason, are you in the big bathtub?”

“YES! YOU FOUND ME!”

It’s an easy game to play you see, because he hides in the big bathtub EVERY time, not yet grasping the idea that there are 1000 other cool places to hide, but for now I’m content

No comments: