Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Takin' a Lickin', But Still Tickin'

I’m starting a petition, or a Bill, whatever you want to call it.

Forgive me for taking a few days off of blogging. We’ve been breaking more things than we’ve been fixing at work lately and my evening hours have been spent doing work things that I can’t do, or can’t get finished during the normal work day.

I remember when I was younger a day seemed to last forever. Now it seems I wake up, blink a few times, and the day has gone by and sadly, I still have a million things to do.

I was dumbfounded when I realized last week that Mason is closing in on 5 this weekend.

I remember recently that I looked at Kyler, now going on 12 and I wondered how on earth that happened so quickly. When Rashele and I started dating he was 2. We married when he was 3.

Wow. Time flies. I must have had fun somewhere along the way.

Anyhoo... I’ve decided to write my congressman, state representative whomever, and have them extend the day from 24 hours to... I don’t know….maybe 30 hours?

The extra 6 hours would come in handy for those times that I have to call United Health Care asking where my reimbursement check is for the items I submitted nearly 5 months ago. (Matt I feel you pain, I had "go-rounds" with them last week)

Doctor appointments and my paying job would no longer conflict with one another and Rashele wouldn’t always have to carry that burden of shuffling kids to and fro.

Heck, I may even be able to schedule in some exercise. I've been eyeing a marathon training program starting up in June.

And I think I could even fit in an extra hour of sleep to make up for Mason’s nightly sleepwalking and/or sleeptalking sessions.

Of course I haven't yet worked out if the extra 6 hours will set off some sort of orbital chaos, or a tear in the space/time continuum. I need to work out those kinks first.

In the meantime while I do that, can I get someone to second this motion?

Let me know and I’ll get the paperwork submitted, in triplicate, notarized, etc.