Saturday, April 12, 2008

Single and Looking for Help

Kudos to all single parents out there I don’t know how you do it.

Rashele left on Thursday to attend the Ladders conference in Boston. I am glad she got the invitation and the opportunity to attend. She is staying with our good friend Judith, who writes an awesome blog titled Autismville for Parents.com

For the past 2 days (seems like 2 weeks) I’ve been juggling working my “real” job at Travelocity, shuttling Mason to his OT and PT appointments, Blogging for Autismspot and getting Kyler and Claire-Marie to playdates, birthday parties and 1 sleepover.

Couple that with a coffee meeting this morning with the Dads of Autismspot (sounds like a beefcake calendar that no one in their right mind would buy) and I’m spent.

And it’s only Saturday.

Rashele’s not due home until lunchtime tomorrow.

So far no agenda for the remainder of the weekend other than killing a couple of hours at the park as we have some great weather this weekend. And it’s some additional free physical therapy for Mason. So while he’s playing, I’m making him work at items we’ve worked on the past couple therapy sessions. We’re still working on more of the balance and stairs that we did last weekend at the arboretum. That will never end.

I’m lucky to have a great partner to share some of the burden.

I promise I will never take her contributions for granted.

I’ll remind the kids of that too as we dine on grilled cheese sandwiches tonight.

No comments: